Today I’ll be giving you a quick run-through on finger-knitting, and show you some of my recommendations of yarns to use! So, shall we get to it?
O.K.! So, First off. The Finger-knitting how-to.
Heres what you need:
- 1 Skein of Yarn, I’ll list some of my Favourites! (I use yarn balls that come with 80+ yds)
- 1 (intact) Hand, Preferably your non-dominant hand. That way, If anything goes wrong you can fix it easier with your dominant hand. 🙂
*Tip* If you want a fuller/bigger Infinity Scarf… Buy an Extra skein!
- First off, Spread the fingers on the Hand you’re using. Seriously, You won’t be getting anywhere without this step.
- Put the End of the yarn between your index and thumb. The tail should be hanging a good 3.5 inches down the back of your Hand.
- Weave the rest of the Yarn like this; in front of your index, behind your middle finger, in front of your “ring” finger, and behind your pinky.
- Now; Come around your pinky, behind your ring-finger, in front of your middle, and behind your index.
- Okay! So now you’ve woven yarn around your fingers!! 😛 Do step 3-4 again, further up. (not too close to the tips of your fingers though!)
- Be Careful on this step: With your palm facing you, CAREFULLY pull the bottom loops over and off the top loops…. You should still have the loops you’ve just woven, but not the first ones.
- And that “tail string” at the back of your hand? PULL IT GENTLY.
- TaDa! You’ve completed a row! Now do Steps 3-7 again, and again…. Until you have a rope long enough to loosely drape around your neck a few times.
*tip* If you work loosely, (not too tight) and let the yarn be itself (no stretching) this process works faster, and easier on your finger-sockets.
Once it’s long enough, here’s how to cast off, It’s actually quite easy! First, cut the yarn off by 4-6 inches. then carefully pull it THROUGH all the loops on your fingers, take it off your hand, and pull the string gentle enough to tighten, but not ruin.
After that, loop the Scarf rope around until it’s the perfect infinity scarf shape, and size. Making sure the “end-tails” meet, tie them together into a single knot, then wrap the spare yarn ends around all the extra rounds of Yarn chains. Tie together with a couple of double-knots, and It’s Complete! Now you can wear it Everywhere! 😂
Buy yourself a Cocoa. Show off your Scarf. ✨🍄
Or even better! Go to your local craft store (I go to Michaels… 😍) and shop for MORE YARN for MORE SCARVES! Make some FOR your friends! Make some WITH your friends!
Here! Try these Yarns! (links take you to Amazon! so you can order them too!)
Good for Learning this Craft: http://a.co/eLHGJCL
Nice and thick: http://a.co/dSShJxF
Soft and Snuggly: http://a.co/ev5ydOV
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial! Subscribe to my blog via email and you can hear about posts WAY faster! ❤
~Keep makin' guys! Liv 🌟